Booking Terms & Conditions
- Excel reserve the right to exclude or refuse any participant at any time prior to or during the camp. Any additional cost will be at the parent/guardian’s expense.
- All participants are covered by the company insurance policy while under the care of Excel Sports Academy staff. This is available to be viewed at reception. Activities undertaken by third parties will be covered by the relevant organisation. Excel does not accept liability for personal injury howsoever caused, nor for loss or damage to any property belonging to or traveling with a participant. Excel does not accept any responsibility for losses or additional expense incurred due to sickness, weather or any other cause.
- Excel reserve the right to cancel or change the date of the camps. In the case of cancellation of a camp, Excel will refund the full amount but will not be liable for any further compensation.
- Once a booking has been made the following cancellation arrangements are confirmed: Deposits are non-refundable. Up to 4 weeks 80% refund of the total order will be given, between four and two weeks 50% will be returned. Excel regrets that between two weeks and the date of the camp booked there will be no refund given. All cancellations must be acknowledged in writing by post or email.
- Excel does not operate a ‘drop-in’ service and maintains a 1:8 ratio.
- A booking at Excel is deemed secure when the payment in full has been received. Your place is not guaranteed until full payment is made.
- Participants who cannot attend the full week through injury, illness or for any other reason will not be entitled to any refund or form of compensation.
- The participants’ parent(s)/guardian(s) consent to the use of any photos taken of their child, for the promotion of Excel. Yuo may opt out of this at the point of booking.
- Excel’s activities programme may be subject to change for reasons of safety, unsuitable weather conditions, or situations beyond Excel’s control.
- When attending camp, it is automatically assumed that consent is given for Excel to transport children to travel to and from a specialised activity if that is off site. Excel staff will be with the children at all points in the day through all activities.
- When attending camp, it is automatically assumed that consent is given for children to participate in their own film-making activities. Parents not wishing their children to participate in the filming must make this known when booking, or children themselves not wishing to participate can inform the camp manager/camp staff whilst at camp. All films are destroyed at the end of the season. It is also assumed that parents have given their consent to watch films during the supervised part of the day before, for 30 minutes following 30 minutes lunch time in the dining hall and at the end of each day outside of the sports camp programme. ‘U’ rated or selected ‘PG’ rated films will be shown. Should a parent or guardian miss the end of week ceremony, there are no arrangements for a copy to be made or distributed.
- Medication required during a visit to Excel should be handed in on arrival to the camp manager, together with details of the dosage required and the method for administration. It is the parent gaurdians responsibility to ensure the medication is in date, correct for the child and that it is collected at the end of each day or if appropriate the week.
- First aid will be applied by staff at Excel on site, however staff may be supported by fully trained personnel at external venues in the case of emergencies.
- Please ensure any changes of address or contact details that occur after a booking has been made are made known on arrival at camp.
- It is important that children are not dropped off at camp before 8am, and are collected by 6pm. If a child fails to arrive or is not collected by 6pm contact will be made with the parent or guardian or the relevant authorities. Additional charges may be made in the case of staff working beyond 6pm which will be covered byt he paarent or gaurdian.
Behaviour Policy & Action Management
Excel aims to provide a safe environment for children and staff to fulfill their personal potential, and in which the dignity of all individuals is respected. Swearing, bullying, aggressive, violent & verbal abuse and damage to property is not acceptable behaviour. Children must listen and follow instruction from all Excel staff. No child must endanger the safety of another or compromise the safety of others by distracting behaviour. Please make any potential behavioural issues known to staff when making a booking. Minor infringements will be dealt with by staff and reported to the Camp Manager. The Camp Manager will deal with serious infringements, and where appropriate, the parent or guardian will be asked to remove their child from camp. All infringements are reported to the General Manager. Excel’s Anti-Bullying Policies and Bully posters are available and on display at camp. In the case that your child is removedd from camp no refund will be made nor will Excel be liable for any further compensation.
Complaints or concerns
Should a complaint or concern arise, please make this situation known to the Camp Manager in the first instance. Should a situation not be satisfactorily resolved, for further discussion please contact Excel on 07970514514. If a complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved by Excel Sports Academy, contact can be made with the Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland (SCSWIS), Compass House, 11 Riverside Drive, Dundee, DD1 4NY 0845 603 0890.
Excel’s Camp Director Colin MacPherson
Excel Sports Academy Ltd needs to collect vital information to complete a booking for its children’s holiday sports camps. All paper data is securely destroyed after one year. No information given to Excel is given to any other company or third party.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, in certain circumstances a parent has a right to request access to their own child's personal information, pending an identity check. Parents with user accounts can view all the information we hold relating to their web orders at any time by logging in and visiting their user homepage.
Excel accepts that some people may feel uncertain about paying for their bookings via merchant services over the internet. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Excel has a legal duty to protect any personal information it collects from you and this extends to your credit or debit card details. Excel is registered with the Information Commissioner. Excel’s registration number for the Information Commissioner is Z8466847. As card security is a high priority, Excel will ensure that all payments will be processed efficiently and payment information collected treated confidentially and securely without unauthorised access. Excel uses SagePay as a secure payment system for its merchant services, for bookings on line and via the telephone. Excel will not use the recipient’s email address for any other purpose than to send copies of booking confirmation and occasional updates about its service.
A secure site can be identified by the padlock icon at the top right-hand address of the address bar at the top of the browser window. No access to information provided on the secure site about the debit or credit card details provided is available to Excel or any of its employees. At the end of the payment process on the secure site, a message will be displayed confirming that payment has been authorised. Transactional information via the telephone payments will be processed immediately on line. All debit and credit card details will only be retained for the purposes of completing the transaction, and will not be kept on record. Every transaction will require a separate entry using the card details given at the time.
Subject to Excel’s Terms & Conditions, where a refund is due, payments made via SagePay are supported within 60 days. Excel’s Terms & Conditions state: ‘Once a booking has been made the following cancellation arrangements are confirmed: Deposits are non-refundable. Up to 4 weeks 80% refund of the total order will be given, between four and two weeks 50% will be returned. Excel regrets that between two weeks and the date of the camp booked there will be no refund given. All cancellations must be acknowledged in writing only by post or email.
Should any security concerns or questions arise, please contact Excel on 07970514514 during office hours throughout the working week.