What did you learn this summer?
The Junior Lifeguard Academy is a survival and rescue training programme that has been specifically created for young people aged from 8 years. This year we have decided we would also include some basic fire safety awareness training.
The fun-packed programme offers something for everyone; from lifeguarding skills and first aid, ocean awareness, distance, sports skills and of course fire awareness with a live demonstration of how to extinguish a live fire.
The Junior Lifeguard Academy gives youngsters the opportunity to extend their aquatic journey, as well as gaining important lifesaving skills in a fun and progressive environment.
- Learners work at their own pace; instructors have the flexibility to schedule awards in to lessons in any order.
- Knowledge is reinforced through fun games
- All the missions and challenges are progressive – learners earn colourful, age-appropriate certificates as they complete set parts of the programme
Over the course of the 5 days our junior lifeguards will be working through a programme of various skills and will be certified for their accomplishments. Each Junior Lifeguard will achieve 5 certificates in the following areas;
- Land Based Rescues
- Water Based Rescues
- Rescue Tube Award
- Junior Medic Award
- Distance Award
What to Bring
- Swimming Trunks
- Shorts and t-shirt for water use
- There will also be a section that will involve trousers and long sleeved top (shirt). Pre warning will be given for this the day before.
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Packed Lunch