What did you learn this summer?
The Junior Lifeguard Academy is a survival and rescue training programme that has been specifically created for young people aged from 8 years.
The fun-packed programme offers something for everyone; from lifeguarding skills and first aid, ocean awareness, distance, sports skills and health and wellbeing.
The Junior Lifeguard Academy gives youngsters the opportunity to extend their aquatic journey, as well as gaining important lifesaving skills in a fun and progressive environment.
- Learners work at their own pace; instructors have the flexibility to schedule awards in to lessons in any order.
- Knowledge is reinforced through fun games
- All the missions and challenges are progressive – learners earn colourful, age-appropriate certificates as they complete set parts of the programme
Over the course of the 5 days our junior lifeguards will be working through a programme of various skills and will be certified for their accomplishments. Each Junior Lifeguard will achieve 5 certificates in the following areas;
- Land Based Rescues
- Water Based Rescues
- Rescue Tube Award
- Junior Medic Award
- Distance Award
What to Bring
- Swimming Trunks
- Shorts and t-shirt for water use
- There will also be a section that will involve trousers and long sleeved top (shirt). Pre warning will be given for this the day before.
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Packed Lunch